Hopefully this update finds you doing alright during this interesting time in history. The Signal Hound team (and families) are all well and good, adjusting to the current state of normal as best we can. A large part of our staff continues to work remotely, including our software developers who have just released some new—and […]Read the post
VSG60A — 6 GHz Vector Signal Generator
The VSG60A is a 6 GHz vector signal generator with 40 MHz of real-time streaming bandwidth. It offers the performance and agility of a serious vector signal generator at a fraction of the cost. It is compact, simple to use, and can generate virtually any type of signal.
The VSG60A features a low phase noise, agile local oscillator with 200 µs switch time, enabling frequency hopping spread spectrum testing. A dual 14-bit DAC runs at 2x or 3x the I/Q symbol rate using digital oversampling to provide a flat, clean baseband; and a digitally adjustable internal VCTCXO ensures frequency errors are kept to a minimum over temperature, or an external 10 MHz input may be used for zero ppm frequency error. A trigger output is also available to synchronize your VSG60A with other test equipment.
Preprogrammed modulation types
CW AM, FM, Pulse, Multitone, Sweep, AWGN, FSK, GFSK, OOK, ASK, MSK, GMSK, BPSK, DBPSK, QPSK, DQPSK, Pi/4DQPSK, OQPSK, 8-PSK, 16-PSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth LE, 802.11a/n
Digital modulation impairments
Channel, AWGN, I/Q Offset, Sample rate multiplier, Freq offset, Timebase multiplier
Use the API to continuously stream I/Q data to the VSG60A at an arbitrary sample rate up to 51.2 MSPS, or use the software to load a CSV, binary short int, or binary floating point I/Q file. Corrections are automatically applied as the data is streamed to the VSG60A.
RF frequency range of 50 MHz to 6 GHz
40 MHz of real-time streaming bandwidth
200 μs switch time enables frequency hopping spread spectrum signal generation
Arbitrary I/Q sample rates from 12.5 kSPS to 51.2 MSPS
Trigger output is available to synchronize the VSG60A with other test equipment
- RF Frequency Range: 50 MHz to 6 GHz
- May be used down to 30 MHz
- Amplitude range: -55 dBm to +7 dBm
- May be used from -85 dBm to +10 dBm with reduced performance
- Arbitrary I/Q sample rates from 12.5 kSPS to 51.2 MSPS
- Stream waveforms of virtually any size from your PC or laptop
- Agile, low phase noise LO with 200 µs switching time
- Amplitude, mixer balance, and DC offset corrected over frequency and temperature
- Digital oversampling in the FPGA, baseband filtering, and harmonic filtering across full operating range
- Powerful software and API included
- Typical EVM: 0.3% (1 GHz carrier, 1 MSPS QAM16, alpha 0.35, raised cosine)
- External 10 MHz input and trigger output
- Under 9 inches long, and under 1 lb.
Download the VSG60A brochure
Learn all about our VSG60A vector signal generator in this 16-page brochure, highlighting:
- Impairment options
- Potential applications
- Specifications and comparisons
Download the VSG60A Technical Overview (10 MB PDF)
Watch the VSG60A — 6 GHz Vector Signal Generator in action
What comes in the box?
- VSG60A 6 GHz vector signal generator
- VSG control software, API, and manuals on CD
- USB 3.0 Vision Y-cable, one meter length
VSG60 Software Installer_(x64) Windows v. 1.0.4
VSG60 Software Installer_(x86) Windows v. 1.0.4
VSG60 Software Installer_(x64) Ubuntu 18.04 v. 1.0.4
- Software installer for the VSG60 vector signal generator user interface.
- Includes software, drivers, and manuals.
- Windows version for Windows 10 systems.
- Linux version for Ubuntu 18.04 systems.
- Release Notes
VSG60 Software Development Kit
- Includes VSG60 programming interface for low level direct device control.
- SCPI programming manual for the VSG60 software.
- Programming examples for C++ and MATLAB.
- For 64/32 bit Windows systems and 64-bit Linux.
Example Arbitrary Waveforms
- Archived folder containing several example CSV and binary format arb waveforms which can be output using the VSG60.
- Download link
All manuals are included in the software installer. For direct links to individual manuals, see below.
- Software manual
- Learn how to use and setup the software for the VSG60.
- Product manual
- Technical specifications and information for the VSG60.
There are no reviews yet.