Hopefully this update finds you doing alright during this interesting time in history. The Signal Hound team (and families) are all well and good, adjusting to the current state of normal as best we can. A large part of our staff continues to work remotely, including our software developers who have just released some new—and […]Read the post
SM200B — 20 GHz Real-time Spectrum Analyzer
$17,568 – $19,996
The SM200B is a high-performance 20 GHz spectrum analyzer and monitoring receiver with 110 dB of dynamic range and 1THz/sec sweep speeds. The SM200B offers 160 MHz instantaneous bandwidth (IBW) calibrated I/Q capture, available through block transfer of a 2-second I/Q buffer over USB 3.0 to the PC.
The SM200B comes with a signed calibration certificate and a printed packet of calibration data.
The SM200B is a high-performance spectrum analyzer and monitoring receiver. Tuning from 100 kHz to 20GHz, the analyzer has 160 MHz of instantaneous bandwidth (IBW), 110 dB of dynamic range, 1THz/sec sweep speed at 30kHz RBW (using Nuttall windowing), and phase noise performance that is low enough to contribute less than 0.1% error to EVM measurements and rival even the most expensive spectrum analyzers on the market.
The SM200B offers 160 MHz instantaneous bandwidth (IBW) calibrated I/Q capture, available through block transfer of a 2-second I/Q buffer over USB 3.0 to the PC (learn more about this feature).
Signal processing is distributed between a very powerful Altera FPGA and an external PC having an Intel Core i5 processor. The Signal Hound SM200B can be readily interfaced, using its local API, to an automated monitoring system or to automated test equipment. The SM200B API provides customers the access needed to insert their own DSP algorithms into a calibrated stream of I/Q data.
Download the SM200B brochure
Learn all about our SM200B spectrum analyzer in detail in this 14-page brochure, highlighting:
- Analysis capabilities and features
- Phase noise measurements
- Real-time analysis features
- 160 MHz I/Q capture capability
- Spectrum emission masks
- Spectrum monitoring features
- EMC precompliance testing
- GNU Radio integration, Automated Test, and more!
Download the SM200B Technical Overview (17 MB PDF)
• Range: 100 kHz to 20.0 GHz
• RF Input Impedance (type-N connector): 50Ω
• Calibrated Streaming I/Q: 5 kHz to 40 MHz of selectable I/Q bandwidth
• Includes an internal GPS, used for timebase synchronization, I/Q timestamping, and GPS positioning
• Resolution Bandwidths (RBW): 0.1 Hz (≤200kHz span) to 3 MHz (any span) using 40 MHz IBW; 30 kHz to 10 MHz using 160 MHz IBW
• Timebase Accuracy: GPS disciplined OCXO remains within ±5 x 10-10 when locked to GPS;
– holdover of ±5 x 10-9 per day for aging;
– holdover of ±1 x 10-8 for temperature over -40°C to 60°CSYSTEM NOISE FIGURE (typical)
13 dB from 700 MHz to 2.7 GHz;
16 dB from 2.7 GHz to 4.5 GHz;
19 dB from 4.5 GHz to 15.2 GHzIP2
+68 dBm from 100 kHz to 2 GHz;
+78 dBm from 2 GHz to 10 GHz;
+75 dBm from 10 GHz to 15 GHz;
+60 dBm from 15 GHz to 20 GHzIP3
+28 dBm from 100 kHz to 3 GHz;
+24 dBm from 3 GHz to 6 GHz;
+20 dBm from 6 GHz to 20 GHz…get ALL the details in the data sheet: SM200B Data Sheet
Watch the SM200B — 20 GHz Real-time Spectrum Analyzer in action
Learn more about the SM200B’s I/Q capture feature
The SM200B features 160 MHz instantaneous bandwidth (IBW) I/Q capture, enabling in-depth analysis of the capture on your PC. Learn more about this feature.
What’s comes in the box with the SM200B?
A quick video showing the contents of the SM200A/SM200B box.
SM200B — 20 GHz Real-time Spectrum Analyzer - Standard, Temperature Range: 0°C to +50°C
|Weight||7.77 lbs (3.52 kg)|
|Dimensions||10.2" x 7.2" x 2.15" (25.9 x 18.3 x 5.5 cm)|
Software and Drivers
- Spectrum analysis software for all Signal Hound spectrum analyzers.
- Installs the USB drivers for the SM200.
- Includes SM200 device programming interface.
- Low level direct device control and measurements.
- 64/32-bit Windows and 64-bit Linux operating systems.
All manuals are included with the Spike software installer. For direct manual links see below.
Firmware updater for all models of the SM200. You can see the current firmware version of your device in the Spike status bar.
Read the release_notes before updating the firmware on your device.
Firmware Updater (6/1/2020)
Software support for pre-production SM200A devices.
SM200A API Version 1.0.1 (S/N 17249006 only)
SM200A API Version 1.0.0 (S/N 17249001 only)