Hopefully this update finds you doing alright during this interesting time in history. The Signal Hound team (and families) are all well and good, adjusting to the current state of normal as best we can. A large part of our staff continues to work remotely, including our software developers who have just released some new—and […]Read the post
BB60C — 6 GHz Real-time Spectrum Analyzer
$4,181 – $4,567
The Signal Hound BB60C Real-Time RF Spectrum Analyzer and Recorder is a 9 kHz to 6 GHz Spectrum Analyzer and RF Recorder with an instantaneous bandwidth of 27 MHz, and sweep speeds of 24 GHz/sec.
The BB60C real-time RF spectrum analyzer streams 140 MB/sec of digitized RF to your PC utilizing USB 3.0, providing an instantaneous bandwidth of 27 MHz, and sweep speeds of 24 GHz/sec.
Read This! Spectrum analyzer comparison chart, featuring the Signal Hound BB60C and the Tektronix RSA306.
The BB60C has significantly improved performance as compared to the BB60A. The BB60C has improved spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) by 20 dB, flattened the noise floor and band transitions by more than 8 dB, and extended available operating temperatures down to -40ºC and up to +65ºC instead of the previous model’s 0ºC to +50ºC range. The BB60C design has been tested and works flawlessly, with calibrated accuracy, for a 3 hour cold soak at -40ºC and also during a 24 hour hot soak at +65ºC.
The BB60C also adds new functionality in the form of configurable I/Q streaming bandwidths which will be retroactively available on the BB60A.
As a spectrum analyzer, our proprietary application programming interface (API) can perform up to 1.2 million FFT spectrums or 320 million FFT points every second, delivering real-time spectrum data to our open-source Graphical User Interface (GUI), or to your own software application. Because of these immense processing requirements, we recommend a desktop PC with an Intel quad-core i7-2600 or better, or a laptop with an i7-3612QM or better.
The BB60C is ideal as an RF recorder. Variable I/Q sample rates allow fine grained control over how much spectrum should be recorded. Data rates are selectable from 312.5k to 40M Samples/second I/Q with configurable band pass filters.
Our Spike spectrum analyzer software features a 2-D waterfall or 3-D topographical view, as well as a GPU accelerated color persistence display. Normally undetectable events are easily seen in this mode. Turn on color persistence to see what you’ve been missing!
If your application requires GPS time stamping of streaming RF data, the BB60C supports a 1 pulse-per-second (1-PPS) input, which provides 50ns (4 sample) timing accuracy.
- RF frequency range from 9 kHz to 6 GHz
- Up to 24 GHz/sec sweep speed (≥10 kHz RBW)
- Wide dynamic range from -158 dBm to +10 dBm
- Resolution bandwidths available from 10 Hz to 10 MHz
- Powered solely through USB, no external power supply needed
- Powerful digital signal processing happens on the PC
- Software and hardware included for one low price
- Use our API (Application Programming Interface) to develop your own applications
- Get started quickly by customizing the included open-source GUI
- Digitized IF Data at 80 million samples per second
- 27 MHz instantaneous bandwidth
- Compatible with Windows 7/8/10 64-bit operating systems
- USB 3.0 communications providing 140 MB/sec sustained throughput to PC
- Measures under 9 inches long
What’s in the BB60C’s box?
A quick unboxing of the BB60C showing what comes in the box with the analyzer.
Video review of the BB60C
Watch as Shahriar Shahramian of The Signal Path takes a close look at the BB60C Real-Time Spectrum Analyzer and USB-TG124A tracking generator. In this video the performance of the Signal Hound unit is compared with the Tektronix RSA306.
BB60C real-time spectrum analysis demonstration
In this video the Signal Hound BB60C is used to discover and analyze a Bluetooth signal.
BB60C — 6 GHz Real-time Spectrum Analyzer - Standard, Temperature Range: 0°C to +65°C
|Weight||1.10 lb (.5 kg)|
|Dimensions||8.63" x 3.19" x 1.19" (21.9 x 8.1 x 3 cm)|
|Weight||1.84 lb (.83 kg)|
Software and Drivers
- Spectrum analysis software for all Signal Hound spectrum analyzers.
- Includes the USB device drivers for the BB60C and BB60A.
- Programming interface for BB60C and BB60A devices.
- Low level direct device control and measurements.
- 64/32-bit Windows and 64-bit Linux operating systems.
All manuals are included with the Spike software installer. For direct manual links see below.
Application NotesBuild Applications Tailored for Remote Signal Monitoring with the Signal Hound BB60C
- Note: Only update if you require the functionality provided. Older firmware versions will continue to work with all future updates. Do not downgrade your firmware if you are at version 7 or above.
- To run the firmware updater you must install the MS Visual Studio 2008 x86 libraries and the MS Visual Studio 2012 x86 libraries.
- Check your BB60C firmware version in the lower right-hand corner of the Spike software window.
- Firmware Version 5 adds TG support for performing scalar network analysis. Compatible with Spike 3.0.7 and BB60C API 3.0.4 and newer.
- Firmware Version 6 adds fast I/Q and real-time tuning speed. Compatible with Spike 3.0.12 and BB60C API 3.0.6 and newer.
- Firmware Version 7 adds USB 3.0 data transfer stability, particularly at high temperatures. This update can only be performed in our facilities. Contact us for more information.
- Contact Signal Hound for instructions.
HDSDR Compatibility Files (Last updated 11/3/2017)
- Everything needed to use the HDSDR software with the BB60A and BB60C spectrum analyzer. Includes setup manual, interface files, and source.
- Open source client/server demo utilizing the BB60A API for remote operation.
BB60A Software version 1.2.3 (Windows 7/8 32/64 bit) – (BB60A only)
- Unzip (extract all files) and run setup.exe
- Includes BB60A software, drivers, and source code
- Includes 32/64 bit Windows C++ APIs
- Includes several open-source demos to help jump-start your project
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 is required to build projects
- Some projects require Intel’s Integrated Performance Primitives (purchased separately)
- BB60A User Manual Version 1.2.3 – For the BB60A software interface.
- BB60A API Manual Version 1.2.3 – For the BB60A programming interface.
- To run the firmware updater you must install the MS Visual Studio 2008 x86 libraries.
- Check your firmware version in the lower right corner of Spike.
- Version 5 – 9/29/2015: Adds support for TG44 and TG124 to perform scalar network analysis. Requires Spike Version 3.0.15 to take advantage of this functionality.
- Version 4 – 9/13/2013: The device no longer needs to be power cycled after restarting the PC.
- Two applications which demonstrate streaming IF/IQ from the API.
VS 2008 / MFC / C++ applications, open source, with simple recording functionality.
Requires an active BB60 software installation.