feature-request-clear-max-hold-when-changing-frequency-parameters

Home Forums General Discussions feature-request-clear-max-hold-when-changing-frequency-parameters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
      admin #1478
      Viewing 5 posts – 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
      • Gary

Participant
        Gary 

I’d like to make a feature request for Spike. If MAX HOLD is being used for any of the traces, automatically clear it when changing frequency parameters (center frequency, span, start / stop). In my opinion, if you change any of these, the MAX HOLD information is no longer valid.
        Or perhaps make it an option if there are people who have a use for it?

Thanks!

Andrew

Andrew 

Gary,

That is the intended behavior (for sweep mode). I was not able to reproduce the behavior you are seeing (max hold NOT clearing when changing frequencies). I’m testing this in sweep mode on Windows 10. Can you please provide more information about your setup? Maybe a picture of the software before you make a change and I can try to reproduce it?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by AndrewAndrew.
        Gary

Participant
        Gary 

Here ya go. Here’s the set-up. Trace One is running “Clear-Write”, while Trace Two is running MAX HOLD. The “original” file is with a center frequency of 123.05 MHz. The “changed” file is with a new center frequency of 123.2 MHz. Trace Two has not changed.

Attachments:

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Andrew

Andrew 

Thank you Gary, I was able to immediately reproduce the issue. This is not intended behavior. I can get a fix for this. Until the next release, you can press the “Clear” button on the trace controls when trace 2 is selected to clear the max hold trace. Since we just released Spike I’m not sure when the next release will be.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Regards

Gary

Participant
        Gary 

Thanks, Andrew!

Viewing 5 posts – 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.