Hopefully this update finds you doing alright during this interesting time in history. The Signal Hound team (and families) are all well and good, adjusting to the current state of normal as best we can. A large part of our staff continues to work remotely, including our software developers who have just released some new—and […]Read the post
Software and Drivers
- Spectrum analysis software for all Signal Hound spectrum analyzers.
- Includes the USB device drivers for the BB60C and BB60A.
- Programming interface for BB60C and BB60A devices.
- Low level direct device control and measurements.
- 64/32-bit Windows and 64-bit Linux operating systems.
All manuals are included with the Spike software installer. For direct manual links see below.
- Note: Only update if you require the functionality provided. Older firmware versions will continue to work with all future updates. Do not downgrade your firmware if you are at version 7 or above.
- To run the firmware updater you must install the MS Visual Studio 2008 x86 libraries and the MS Visual Studio 2012 x86 libraries.
- Check your BB60C firmware version in the lower right-hand corner of the Spike software window.
- Firmware Version 5 adds TG support for performing scalar network analysis. Compatible with Spike 3.0.7 and BB60C API 3.0.4 and newer.
- Firmware Version 6 adds fast I/Q and real-time tuning speed. Compatible with Spike 3.0.12 and BB60C API 3.0.6 and newer.
- Firmware Version 7 adds USB 3.0 data transfer stability, particularly at high temperatures. This update can only be performed in our facilities. Contact us for more information.
- Contact Signal Hound for instructions.
HDSDR Compatibility Files (Last updated 11/3/2017)
- Everything needed to use the HDSDR software with the BB60A and BB60C spectrum analyzer. Includes setup manual, interface files, and source.
- Open source client/server demo utilizing the BB60A API for remote operation.
BB60A Software version 1.2.3 (Windows 7/8 32/64 bit) – (BB60A only)
- Unzip (extract all files) and run setup.exe
- Includes BB60A software, drivers, and source code
- Includes 32/64 bit Windows C++ APIs
- Includes several open-source demos to help jump-start your project
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 is required to build projects
- Some projects require Intel’s Integrated Performance Primitives (purchased separately)
- BB60A User Manual Version 1.2.3 – For the BB60A software interface.
- BB60A API Manual Version 1.2.3 – For the BB60A programming interface.
- To run the firmware updater you must install the MS Visual Studio 2008 x86 libraries.
- Check your firmware version in the lower right corner of Spike.
- Version 5 – 9/29/2015: Adds support for TG44 and TG124 to perform scalar network analysis. Requires Spike Version 3.0.15 to take advantage of this functionality.
- Version 4 – 9/13/2013: The device no longer needs to be power cycled after restarting the PC.
- Two applications which demonstrate streaming IF/IQ from the API.
- VS 2008 / MFC / C++ applications, open source, with simple recording functionality.
- Requires an active BB60 software installation.